Friday, August 7, 2009

New Info re Townhall Meetings

Less than an hour after posting a report on a slightly hopeful conduct of a townhall meeting and urging taking a positive stand in the face of hostility, I heard about an increase in the level of serious violence threatened and planned against health care reform supporters at town hall meetings and directly to union supporters. How scared should we be? How tough do we need to be? What are the politicians and commentators who are inciting this level of violence trying to accomplish? Will they, like McCain did during the campaign when it threatened to go this level, reel it back? Can they at this point?

Every time I think I know enough to take a position, every time I thought I had decided how and what I would do, I learn something that rattles my certainty.

How will our leaders respond so our civil right to speak is protected? Hard to believe what I am seeing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home